Package Drop Testing
Seeking to reduce or prevent losses due to damaged products in transport?
Does your packaging solution offer adequate levels of protection for your product?
Does it comply with latest transportation standards ?
Has it been independently tested by an accredited laboratory ?
These are just some of the questions Austest Labs can help answer by subjecting your packaged product to transportation testing under controlled laboratory conditions at our facilities located in NSW, VIC and SA, featuring:
Formal accreditation for testing to transportation and
packaging standards including but not limited to:
- ASTM D4169
- ASTM F2825
- ASTM D433
- ASTM D47282
- ASTM D999
- ASTM D6179
- ASTM D880
- ASTM D4003
- ASTM D5265
- ASTM D5276
- ASTM D5487
- ASTM D6055
- ASTM D6179
- ASTM D6344
- ASTM D951
- ASTM F2096-11
- ASTM D6653
- ISTA 1A
- ISTA 2A
- ISTA 3A
- ISTA 2B
- ST/AG/AC.10/11/Rev. 6
- IATA PI 968
- DEF STAN 00-35
Simulations of road, air, rail and sea transport scenarios
- Vibration testing – road, rail, air, sea, loose load, stacked etc.
- Shock testing – profile, rail switching, side impact etc.
- Transportation testing of lithium ion batteries to UN/DOT 38.3
- Manual and mechanical handling testing – drop, topple, roll, impact, forklift etc.
- Drop testing
- Testing of palletised loads up to 2000 kg
- Package integrity and leak testing of medical and other devices covering
- Temperature and humidity testing
- Accelerated aging testing
- Altitude testing (air transport)
- Static load
Projects and customers
Austest Laboratories provides an on-going support with package testing and certification to manufacturers diligent about their packaging solutions and regulatory obligations. Our customers including some of the iconic Australian manufacturers and marker leaders in following areas:
- Medical and healthcare components or equipment
- Household appliances
- Industrial electronics
Design and consultancy services
- Vibration and shock consulting
- Design of package cushions and resilient mounts
- Diagnosis of package design shock and/or vibration failure
- Vibration measurement and diagnostics