Austest adds MIL-STD-1399-300B testing to accredited scope
MIL-STD-1399-300B (Department of Defence Interface Standard Section 3000B Electric power, Alternating Current) establishes electrical interface characteristics for shipboard equipment utilising AC electric power to ensure compatibility between user equipment and the electric power system.
Types of shipboard electric power to be supplied from the electric power system are classified as low voltage as follows:
• Type I – Type I power is 440 or 115V, 60Hz ungrounded and is the standard shipboard electric power source.
• Type II – Type II power is 440 or 115V, 400Hz ungrounded and has only limited application.
• Type III – Type III power is 440 or 115V, 400Hz ungrounded having tighter tolerances as compared to Type II.
This testing supplements our existing substantial Naval accredited test capabilities including:
- SRS-based shipborne shock testing to BV043, MIL-S-901D/E or equivalent standards
- MIL-STD-167 vibration testing of 2000 kg payloads
- Static and dynamic inclination testing to MIL-HDBK-2036
- Environmental testing to MIL-STD-810
- Airborne and structureborne noise testing to MIL-STD-1474, MIL-STD-740-1/-2
- EMC/EMI testing to MIL-STD-461 sections applicable to naval equipment