EESS & RCM electrical product testing for white goods, lighting products, telecommunication equipment and more
Austest is a member of the international CB Scheme for electrical safety testing and performs testing to a wide range of Australian and international standards.
Information Technology & Telecommunications Equipment.
Austest can test to AS/NZS 60950.1 or AS/NZS 62368.1 for Information Technology Equipment such as ADSL modems, Voice over IP equipment, Fax machines, Telephones, PABX Systems, Computer Systems, Alarm Dialers,etc.
Household Electrical Items.
Testing to AS/NZS 60335.1 and AS/NZS 60335.2.XX for Household Electrical Equipment such as Fridges and Freezers, Kettles, Toasters, Microwave Ovens, Cook Tops & Range hoods, Blenders, Coffee Grinders and Machines, Food Mixers, Electric Grills, Deep Fryers, Fans, etc.
Tests to AS/NZS 60598.1 and AS/NZS 60598.2.XX for Household Lighting Products such as Portable and Floor standing Lamps, Fluorescent Lamps, Christmas lights, Rope Lights, etc. AS/NZS 61347.1 IEC/EN 61347-1 and the associated part 2 series of the standards for Electronic and Iron Core Ballasts, Ballasts for Discharge Lamps and Supplied Electronic Controlgear for LED Modules, Street Lights to AS/NZS 1158.6 inc all required subclauses such as LCP, vibration and IK.
Power Supplies and Battery Chargers (All Types).
Austest has the capabilities to test Switch Mode Power Supplies to AS/NZS60950.1, AS/NZS 62368.1 and also Linear Power Supplies including stand alone Transformers to AS/NZS 61558.1 with Part 2’s. We test all types from Desktop and Wall mount AC Adaptors to heavy duty Isolation Transformers and Industrial Power Supplies. Battery chargers are tested to the specific charger standard AS/NZS 60335.2.29.
Electric Power Tools.
Hand Held Power Tools to AS/NZS60745.1 and Transportable Power Tools to IEC 61029-1 with Part 2’s. These items include Angle Grinders, Electric Saws including Band Saws and Mitre Saws, Drilling Machines, Jack Hammers, to name a few.
Home Electronics such as Televisions, LCD and Plasma Screens, DVD Players and recorders, Home Theater Equipment, Stereo systems and Subwoofers, are covered by AS/NZS 62368.1 .
Mining Equipment, Industrial Machines and Laboratory Equipment
Tested to AS/NZS 3100 or AS/NZS 61010.1 such as Lathes, Motor Driven pulley systems, Stamping Machines, Electrical Switches, etc.
Mains/Appliance Plugs, Socket-Outlets, Connectors and AC Adaptors
Austest performs testing to AS/NZS3105 (Electrical Portable Outlet Devices), AS/NZS 3112 (Plugs and Socket-Outlets) and AS/NZS 3122 (Socket-Outlet Adaptors) to ensure compliance with Australian Standards.
Tested to AS/NZS3191 including AS/NZS60245-1 and Part 2’s to ensure they meet Australian Standards.
Tested to IEC 60601-1 inc Australian deviations. This testing is not currently offered by Austest Labs.
Tested to AS 4777, IEC IEC 62109-1, IEC62109-2 and AS/NZS 3100. Our JAS-ANZ accredited company ASA (Australian Safety Approval) provides safety approval certificates accepted by the Clean Energy Council.
General Safety Standard
AS/NZS 3100 is applicable to other equipment which does not fall into the above categories.
Enquire about our electrical product safety testing services today
Preliminary examinations, modifications and advice regarding compliance with these safety standards is also available.
Austest Laboratories can produce full CB (International) Reports with Certificates issued by TUV Rheinland Japan for Information Technology Equipment to IEC 60950 or the new IEC 62368-1 which includes AV products, Fridges & Freezers to IEC60335.1 / IEC 60335.2.24 and a range of other IEC standards including IEC 60598 for Lighting. Our Reports are accepted in 32 Countries around the world under the CB Scheme.
Austest Laboratories is accredited for testing to the following Electrical Safety Standards
- AS/NZS 1158.6 Lighting for Roads and Public Spaces (including vibration and IP)
- AS/NZS3100 General requirements for electrical equipment
- AS/NZS3105 Electrical portable outlet devices
- AS/NZS3112 Plugs and socket-outlets
- AS/NZS3122 Socket-outlet adaptors
- AS/NZS3136 Electrical equipment for spas and swimming pools.
- AS/NZS 3140 Edison-type screw lampholders
- AS/NZS3197 Portable electrical control or conditioning devices
- AS/NZS 4763:2011 Portable inverters
- IEC/EN60065 Audio, video and similar electronic apparatus
- AS/NZS60065 Audio, video and similar electronic apparatus
- AS/NZS60320.1 Appliance couplers for household and similar general purposes
- AS/NZS 60335.1 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – General requirements
- AS/NZS 60335.2.2 Vacuum Cleaners and Water-Suction Cleaning Appliances
- AS/NZS 60335.2.3 Electric Irons
- AS/NZS 60335.2.4 Spin Extractors
- AS/NZS 60335.2.5 Dishwasher
- AS/NZS 60335.2.6 Ranges, Ovens & Hobs
- AS/NZS 60335.2.7 Washing Machine
- AS/NZS 60335.2.8 Shavers, hair clippers and similar appliances
- AS/NZS 60335.2.9 Portable Cooking Appliances
- AS/NZS 60335.2.10 Floor Treatment and Wet Scrubbing Machines
- AS/NZS 60335.2.11 Tumble dryers
- AS/NZS 60335.2.12 Warming Plates and Similar Appliances
- AS/NZS 60335.2.13 Deep Fryers and Frypans
- AS/NZS 60335.2.14 Kitchen Machines
- AS/NZS 60335.2.15 Appliances for heating liquids
- AS/NZS 60335.2.16 Food Waste Disposers
- AS/NZS 60335.2.17 Blankets, Pads, Clothing and Similar Flexible Heating Appliances
- AS/NZS 60335.2.21 Hot Water Storage Heaters
- AS/NZS 60335.2.23 Appliances for skin or hair care
- AS/NZS 60335.2.24 Refrigerators and Ice Makers
- AS/NZS 60335.2.25 Microwave Ovens including Combination Microwave Ovens
- AS/NZS 60335.2.26 Clocks
- AS/NZS 60335.2.27 Appliances for skin exposure to UV and IR
- AS/NZS 60335.2.28 Electrical Safety of Sewing Machines
- AS/NZS 60335.2.29 Battery Chargers
- AS/NZS 60335.2.30 Room Heaters
- AS/NZS 60335.2.31 Range Hoods
- AS/NZS 60335.2.32 Massage Appliances
- AS/NZS 60335.2.34 Motor-compressor
- AS/NZS 60335.2.35 Instantaneous Water Heater
- AS/NZS 60335.2.40 Electrical Heat Pumps, Air-conditioners and Dehumidifiers
- AS/NZS 60335.2.41 Pumps
- AS/NZS 60335.2.43 Clothes Dryers
- AS/NZS 60335.2.45 Portable Heating Tools and Similar Appliances
- AS/NZS 60335.2.51 Stationary Circulation Pumps for Heating and Service Water Installations
- AS/NZS 60335.2.52 Oral Hygiene Appliances
- AS/NZS 60335.2.53 Sauna Heating Appliances and Infrared Cabins
- AS/NZS 60335.2.54 Surface cleaning appliances for household use employing liquids or steam
- AS/NZS 60335.2.55 Aquariums and Garden Ponds
- AS/NZS 60335.2.59 Insect Killers
- AS/NZS 60335.2.64 Electrical Safety of Commercial Electric Kitchen Machines
- AS/NZS 60335.2.73 Fixed Immersion Heaters
- AS/NZS 60335.2.74 portable immersion heaters
- AS/NZS 60335.2.75 commercial dispensing appliances and vending machines
- AS/NZS 60335.2.78 Outdoor Barbecues
- AS/NZS 60335.2.80 Fans
- AS/NZS 60335.2.82 Amusement machines and personal service machines
- AS/NZS 60335.2.84 Toilets
- AS/NZS 60335.2.85 Fabric steamers
- AS/NZS 60335.2.89 Commercial refrigerating appliances with an incorporated or remote refrigerant condensing unit or compressor
- AS/NZS 60335.2.95 Drivers for Vertically Moving Garage Doors for Residential Use
- AS/NZS 60335.2.97 Roller Shutters
- AS/NZS 60335.2.98 Humidifiers
- AS/NZS 60335.2.101 Vaporizers
- AS/NZS 60335.2.102 Gas, Oil and Solid-fuel Burning Appliances having Electrical Connections.
- AS/NZS 60335.2.103 Drives for Gates, Doors, and Windows
- AS/NZS 60335.2.109 UV Radiation Water Treatment
- AS/NZS 60598.1 and the IEC and EN equivalent standards
- AS/NZS 60598.2.1 Luminaires – Particular requirements – Fixed general purpose luminaires
- AS/NZS 60598.2.2 Recessed Luminaires
- AS/NZS 60598.2.4 Portable general purpose luminaires
- AS/NZS 60598.2.5 Floodlights
- AS/NZS 60598.2.6 Luminaires with built-in transformers or convertors for filament lamps
- AS/NZS 60598.2.10 Portable child-appealing luminaires
- AS/NZS 60598.2.20 Lighting chains
- AS/NZS 60745.1 Hand Held electric Power Tools
- AS/NZS 60745.2.1 (excluding clause 17.2); Drills and impact drills
- AS/NZS 60745.2.2 (excluding clause 17.2); Screwdrivers and impact wrenches
- AS/NZS 60745.2.3; Grinders, polishers and disk-type sanders
- AS/NZS 60745.2.4; Sanders and polishers other than disk type
- AS/NZS 60745.2.6 (excluding clause 17.2); Hammers
- AS/NZS 60745.2.8; Shears and nibblers
- AS/NZS 60745.2.11; Reciprocating saws (jig and sabre saws)
- AS/NZS 60745.2.17; Routers and trimmers
- AS/NZS 60950.1
- IEC/EN 60950-1, 1st and 2nd Editions
- AS 61010.1 Safety Requirements for Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control and Laboratory use
- IEC/EN 61010-1 Safety Requirements for Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control and Laboratory use
- AS/NZS 61558.1 and the IEC and EN equivalent standards
- AS/NZS 61558.2.6 Safety of power transformers, power supplies, reactors and similar products for supply voltages up to 1 100 V – Particular requirements for safety isolating transformers and power supply units incorporating safety isolating transformers
- AS/NZS 61558.2.7 transformers for toys
- IEC/EN 61347-1 Lamp controlgear – Part 1: General and safety requirements
- AS/NZS 61347.1 Lamp controlgear – General and safety requirements
- AS/NZS 61347.2.3 A.C. Supplied Electronic Ballasts for Fluorescent Lamps
- AS/NZS 61347.2.9 Ballasts for Discharge Lamps
- AS/NZS 61347.2.11 Electronic Circuits used with Luminaires
- AS/NZS 61347.2.13 D.C. or A.C. Supplied Electronic Controlgear for LED Modules
- IEC, EN, AS/NZS 60112 Proof and Comparative Tracking Indices of Solid Insulating Materials
- IEC, EN, AS/NZS 60695.11.5 Needle Flame Test
- IEC, EN, AS/NZS 60695.10.2 Ball Pressure Test
- IEC, EN, AS/NZS Standards for Glowing/Hot Wire Based Test Method:
- AS/NZS 60695.2.10 Glow-wire Apparatus and Common Test Procedure
- AS/NZS 60695.2.11 Glow-wire flammability test method for end-products
- AS/NZS 60695.2.12 Glow-wire flammability test method for materials
- AS/NZS 60695.2.13 Glow-wire ignitability test method for materials
- IEC 61029-1 Transportable motor-operated electric tools- General Requirements
- IEC 61029-2-5; Band Saws
- IEC 61029-2-9; Mitre Saws
- IEC 62109-1 Safety of Power Converters for use in Photovoltaic Power Systems, Part 1 General Requirements and EN equivalent standard
- IEC 62109-2 Safety of Power Converters for use in Photovoltaic Power Systems, Part 2 Particular Requirements for Inverters and EN equivalent standard
- IEC 62262; Degrees of protection provided by enclosures for electrical equipment against external mechanical impacts (IK Impact Testing)
- AS/NZS IEC EN 62368.1 Audio/video, information and communication technology equipment. Safety requirements