Clean Energy Council and RCM Testing and Certification of Inverters, Solar Controllers and UPS
Austest is approved by the Clean Energy Council and accredited for testing grid connected and off grid inverters to IEC 62109‐1 and IEC 62109‐2 + AS/NZS 4777.
Our capabilities for high power testing cover the full scope of the above standards.
Grid Connect Inverters require safety certification to be provided to many electricity retailers prior to connection. Safety certification is based on several electrical safety standards. Austest provides a turn-key service which involves testing and certification involving some or all of the following standards;
- IEC 62109‐1 and IEC 62109‐2
- ANZS 3100, (may also include AS/NZS 60950 if ethernet or comms circuits are included)
- IEC 62116 Utility-interconnected photovoltaic inverters – Test procedure of islanding prevention measures
- AS 4777.2 and AS 4777.3IEC 61727 Photovoltaic (PV) systems – Characteristics of the utility interface
- AS/NZS 60529 (Ingress Protection) for water and dust
- AS/NZS 61000.6.3 (EMC Emissions) for RCM
- Electrical Safety Approval Certificate from ASA (Australian Safety Approval)
- ACMA RCM Compliance Folder and sDoC
- Listing with Clean Energy Council and Western Power
Austest is accredited for testing to AS/NZS 4763 which covers the electrical safety of portable inverters including vibration. This may also include AS/NZS 3112 covering mains sockets used in Australia and New Zealand.
UPS (Uninterruptible power systems)
Austest is accredited for testing to AS 62040.1.1 (electrical safety) , AS 62040.1.2 (EMC) & the base standard IEC 62040-1 covering Uninterruptible power systems (UPS).