Austest is the only independent test house within Australia, providing a full range of accredited defence and aerospace EMC/EMI/RF, Environmental, Mechanical, Acoustic, Electrical and Telecommunication testing services at single location, which greatly simplifies logistics, scheduling and test costs.
Our NSW, VIC and SA facilities are all formally accredited for testing to military and commercial standards relevant to defence and aerospace equipment including but not limited to:
- DEF STAN 00-35
- RTCA DO-160
Austest has a proven track record and established relationships with major defence prime contractors as well as large number of 2nd and 3rd tier suppliers. Recent projects where EMC/EMI and/or environmental qualification testing was carried out by Austest Labs include:
- Boeing Defence Australia – Land 2072 Phase 2B (Project Currawong, Battlefield Comms. System)
- Raytheon Australia – Collins In Service Support (ISAW, CDWS-S, CSSM Sub IP etc.)
- BAE Systems Australia – ESSM Block 2, ANZAC Mid-Life Capability Assurance Program (AMCAP), JP2069
- Thales Australia – LAND125 Phase 3C (EF88, F89A2)
- SAAB Systems Australia – SEA1439 Phase 3.1, Integrated Ship Control Management and Monitoring System Obsolescence Remediation (ISCMMS OR)
- AWD Alliance – SEA4000
- Satellite/Rocket Antenna Pattern Measurements – Classified
Austest Labs is the leading provider of testing services for naval equipment offering:
- SRS-based shipborne shock testing to BV043, MIL-S-901D/E or equivalent standards
- MIL-STD-167 vibration testing of 2000 kg payloads
- Static and dynamic inclination testing to MIL-HDBK-2036
- Environmental testing to MIL-STD-810
- Airborne and structureborne noise testing to MIL-STD-1474, MIL-STD-740-1/-2
- EMC/EMI testing to MIL-STD-461 sections applicable to naval equipment
Having been involved in every major project in Australia over last 15 years (ANZAC, Collins, AWD), Austest engineers have accumulated unmatched
experience in testing of naval equipment and in-depth understanding of RAN requirements. We are particularly proud to be an industry leader in the area of naval shock testing and the only provider capable of conducting SRS-based shock testing simulating underwater explosions to Naval Technical Bureau (NTB) specifications.
Austest Labs Naval Shock capabilities are far superior to any currently available alternative and provide the best opportunity for a pass result while assisting suppliers in avoiding unnecessary over design of their equipment. Shock pulses generated by our specialised and customised equipment offers the closest possible match to NTB’s requirements with minimal over-test at the all-important low frequency end of the spectrum. Similar testing offered by other providers within Australia/NZ region may subject equipment to massive over-testing due to limitations and obsolescence of test equipment.
Austest Laboratories is exceptionally well positioned to assist any supplier or contractor wishing to engage in the upcoming SEA1000, SEA5000 and SEA1180 projects.
Design and Consultancy Services
- EMC advisory services
- Antenna Pattern Measurements
- Vibration and shock consulting
- Design of cushions and resilient mounts
- Vibration measurement and diagnostics
- Test plan preparation
- Acoustic design and noise mitigation
- Test fixtures design and manufacture