Austest Adelaide V2.0
As the only commercial EMC lab in South Australia, Austest Laboratories Adelaide has been providing EMC testing services to South Australian companies since 1997. The hightened focus on defence and the large number of defence companies based in Adelaide, including BAE Systems, Boeing Defence, Lockheed Martin, Naval Group, Raytheon and SAAB, has prompted Austest Laboratories to heavily invest and provide a greater level of testing resources and services to SA and WA based companies, both Defence/Aerospace and Commercial.
In announcing the purchase and move to much larger premises at 13 Newfield Road, Para Hills West, Austest Laboratories has added a wide scope of local environmental test services, not previously offered to SA clients. This includes vibration and shock, ingress for dust and water, salt spray/corrosion, temperature/humidity testing and Solar + UV.
Specifics of test equipment at our Adelaide site:
- Large EMC Chamber for Commercial conducted emissions tests
- Commercial conducted immunity tests
- Commercial conducted emissions tests
- Commercial radiated emission tests
- Pre-scan service for radiated emissions (commercial)
- Pre-scan service radiated Immunity (commercial)
- MIL-STD conducted emission tests
- MIL-STD radiated emission tests
- MIL-STD conducted immunity tests
- MIL-STD radiated immunity tests
- Automotive accessories conducted emissions
- Vibration and Shock
- Temperature and Humidity Chambers
- 2 x Accelerated Solar chambers (broad spectrum Xenon Arc for full spectrum sunlight)
- Accelerated UV chamber (UVA-UVB)
- XLarge Dust Chamber to IP5X and 6X per AS 60529 and MIL-STD 810
- Water Ingress testing up to IPX8 per AS 60529 and MIL-STD 810
- Salt Corrosion Chamber for testing to AS/IEC/EN 60068.2.52 and ASTM B117 / ISO 9227 requirements.
- Altitude Chamber Ø900 x 1800 mm simulating altitudes from 0 to 55,000 ft covering MIL-STD-810D method 500.2 Low Pressure (Altitude), MIL-STD-810G: method 500.5 Low Pressure (Altitude) and IEC/EN 60068-2-13 Low Air Pressure.
Austest Laboratories will be holding an open day to showcase our facilities. We welcome discussions with SA based companies as to additional test facilities that are currently not available locally.
Austest Laboratories is a member of the Defence Teaming Centre, a nationally-focused member organisation enabling and supporting Australian industry to develop capability and increase overall competitiveness in domestic and global defence markets. Austest Laboratories is also a member of the Australian Industry & Defence Network Incorporated (AIDN), who is the peak industry association for small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) wishing to do business in the defence and security sectors.