Acoustic Engineering and Consulting
Austest Laboratories has acoustic measurement facilities, software, tools and expertise, offering acoustic engineering and consulting services which include:
- On-Site Industrial noise control inc OHS
- Environmental noise and monitoring
- Infrastructure project noise
- Sound Power measurements for Machinery Noise Emission declaration and verification, according to Australian and International standards including ISO 3744 (AS 1217.5 withdrawn) and ISO 9614-2.
- Noise Labelling of Machinery: ISO 4871 / AS 3871.
- Noise Verification of Machinery: ISO 7574 / AS 3782.
- Acoustic Materials Evaluation: Sound Absorption and Acoustic Impedance.
- Mufflers Performance measurements: Pressure Drop and Sound Attenuation – Transmission Loss & Insertion Loss (TL and IL) measurements.
- Noise Insulation measurements of structural components such as partitions and enclosures (TL and IL measurements).
- Experimental Modal Analyses to identify and mitigate resonances in structures.
- Sound Quality (SQ) measurements and analyses to better understand and reduce Noise Annoyance factors.
- FEA simulations for maximizing air paths and structures Noise Insulation.
- Develop and supply customised (and automatic) Acoustic Measurement and Analysis Systems.
- Customise and supply Noise Analysis and Screening techniques for in-house testing on the product manufacturing lines.
- Training personnel in operating Sound and Vibration measurement equipment.
- Consulting: Investigations of Noise Sources and Transmission Paths to maximise Noise Reduction.