ACMA, NZ Telepermit, iDA, ICASA Telecommunications Testing and Approvals
Austest Laboratories is an ACMA recognised testing authority and has been performing accredited telecommunications testing for 27 years. Our scope includes testing and certification of the following interfaces to local and international requirements:
- PSTN (Public Switched Telecommunications Network) Analogue products including cordless
- xDSL including ADSL, S.HDSL and VDSL
- Cordless equipment
- Mobile equipment inc 3G, 4G
- Telecommunications Cable, patch cords and Cabling Components
- Fax machines
- Telephones (standard & cordless)
- Alarm systems with dialers
- Private line modems
- Other types of equipment that connect to analogue lines
- Testing deal with parameters such as tone and carrier levels, voice quality, return loss, DC characteristics and general interworking of the equipment with the telephone network.
- ADSL and SHDSL Modems, Splitters and Filters
- connection to the PSTN
- connection to a metallic local loop interface of a Telecommunications Network
- Broadband xDSL equipment: ISDN, ADSL, SDSL, HDSL, SHDSL
- DC signaling, Low frequency AC, voice band or signaling up 20 kHz
- Austest performs testing to the ACMA’s Radiocommunications (Digital Cordless Communications Devices — DECT Devices)
- Requirements for connection to an air interface of a Telecommunications Network
- CDMA Requirements for connection to an air interface of a Telecommunications Network
- GSM/3G/4G Requirements for connection to an air interface of a Telecommunications Network
- Mobile WiMAX™
- EDGE Evolution
- 4G/LTE Cat-M1
- FM stereo
- WLAN a/b/g/n
- Testing cable and related equipment used in telecommunication networks such as patch cords, cables, RJ connectors, patch panels, etc.
- AS/NZS60950-1:2015 or AS/NZS 62368.1 for Information Technology Equipment such as ADSL modems, Voice over IP equipment, Fax machines, Telephones, PABX Systems, Computer Systems, Alarm Diallers, etc.
- AS/NZS CISPR 32 Information technology equipment- Radio disturbance characteristics
- CISPR 24; EN 55024; Information technology equipment – Immunity characteristics
- CISPR 24; EN 55024 Information technology equipment – Immunity characteristics – Limit and methods of measurement.
- FCC (Federal Communications Commission) FCC Part 15: Covers the rules for the operation of unintentional, intentional or incidental radiators.
- Short range devices 9kHz – 30MHz ACMA’s Radiocommunications Low Interference Potential Devices Class Licence
- Short range devices 25MHz – 25GHz 30MHz ACMA’s Radiocommunications Low Interference Potential Devices Class Licence
We also perform testing to the following country specific standards:
New Zealand Spark / Telepermit
- All non-voice, and some voice products – PTC 211, PTC 212 – PTC 200
- Headsets – PTC 208
- ADSL2+ Modem testing – PTC 273, C279
- ADSL2+ Filter testing – PTC 281
- VDSL2 Modem Testing – PTC 274, C279
- ADSL2+, VDSL2 DSLAM Testing – C279
- SHDSL, ESHDSL Modem testing – C279
- SINGAPORE (TAS) IDA TS PSTN1 SPECIFICATION for PSTN Equipment
- HONG KONG TELECOM HKTA 2011 (Check for PSTN Equipment)
- MALAYSIA (JABATAN TELEKOM) Checklist for modems, faxes, alarm panels
- UNITED STATES FCC PART 68 Test & Certificate. TIA/EIA/IS-968.
- SOUTH AFRICA TE001 and ICASA Accreditation.